Time Commitment: 20-40 hours/week
Type of Work: Site Building, Account Management, Technical Support
Compensation: $25-30/hr based on experience, plus benefits
See also: Why is working here different?
Megaphone Technology provides database and website consulting to progressive non-profit organizations. We’re hiring a junior Site Builder to configure and support websites and databases for our existing clients.
- Work will be divided between support (responding to emails helping clients use their web/database software) and project work (building new websites and databases).
- You will respond to emails and phone calls with clients and answer questions about how to best use their website and database software to manage their non-profit’s needs.
- You’ll work under the mentorship of a senior website/database administrator who will point you in the right direction, but good problem-solving skills (including the ability to find answers online) is essential.
- A commitment to supporting organizations centered on racial and economic justice
- Comfortable with web-based technologies and the fundamentals of using and configuring websites built in Drupal and/or WordPress
- Experience with one or more CRMs, especially CiviCRM
- Good at working with data (spreadsheets with formulas, pivot tables, databases, etc.). Strong data analysis skills are a must!
- Ability to work independently
- Can deliver a positive experience to clients under a variety of circumstances. Prior experience in account management preferred.
A strong candidate will also have some of these skills and interests:
- An interest in free and open source software
- Experience with or interest in learning to code
- Experience with CiviCRM, WordPress, and/or Drupal
This position is ideal for a membership manager, community organizer, fundraiser or carr who is comfortable using databases and data to carry out their work, or someone with experience building small websites.
To apply, send a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications that do not explain why you’re a good fit for Megaphone Tech’s mission will not be considered, so please save your “coding bootcamp graduate seeks Fortune 500” for elsewhere.
We believe that current systems of power disproportionately hurt the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. This is especially true in the field of technology. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.