Time Commitment: 20-40 hours/week
Compensation: $25-40/hr based on experience (more for experienced CiviCRM developers)
Megaphone Technology provides database and website consulting to progressive non-profit organizations. We’re hiring a site builder/web developer to configure and support websites and databases, extend those sites with custom code where needed, and contribute to the open source software that powers our clients’ solutions.
- Work will be divided between support (responding to emails helping clients use their web/database software), project work (building new websites and databases), and contributions to open source software communities (code, code review, documentation, etc.)
- The ideal applicant will be comfortable talking directly to clients, can translate their needs into technical specifications, and implement those specifications.
- A commitment to supporting organizations centered on racial and economic justice
- A minimum of one year experience as a site builder using Drupal and/or WordPress
- Experience with one or more CRMs, especially CiviCRM
- Strong data analysis skills
- Ability to work independently
A strong candidate will also have some of these skills and interests:
- An interest in free and open source software
- Data migration/ETL tools (we use Pentaho Kettle)
- Comfort with command line interfaces
To apply, send a resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe that current systems of power disproportionately hurt the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. This is especially true in the field of technology. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.